The Business Education Department is an exciting and lively learning environment.
Students enjoy studying the real world of work in a practical way. In order to achieve this we ensure that lessons are active and thought provoking and that students are given the opportunity to visit a number of businesses and speak to people from industry.
We aim to:
- Develop and stimulate an interest and enthusiasm for the world of business;
- Encourage students to understand the link between the world of business and the classroom;
- Develop opportunities for independent learning;
- Equip students with the skills they need to succeed in life;
- Develop a sense of responsibility in their work and their environment.
We offer our students the opportunity to study a range of business related courses and participate in extra curricula enterprise activities.
Key Stage 4
Students can study BTEC Business. Business Studies at Patchway Community School teaches students about starting their own business and develops their enterprise skills.
Students will learn about:
- Human resources
Key Stage 5
We aim to provide students at Post-16 with a variety of business and business related subjects to choose from such as Work Skills and Enterprise Skills which enable students to develop a good understanding of subject knowledge as well as a practical insight into the real world. Lessons are delivered in a practical and memorable way, supported by industry speakers and visits.