Ethos and Values
We are committed to securing the highest standards of education and care for our students within an inclusive learning environment.
We focus on the success of the individual and strive to equip every student with the skills for learning and their future success in a changing world. Learning is at the heart of everything we do; we value creative, enterprising and innovative learning and teaching strategies, deep learning experiences and have started to embrace digital technologies.
We have developed a broad and balanced curriculum, with a degree of flexibility and personalisation, which reflects our business and enterprise specialism. We have actively developed opportunities for active student leadership and participation. Positive relationships and team work are central to our college community; this includes working with parents to support student learning and wellbeing. We also work hard to sustain an environment in which everyone is happy, cared for and safe. Finally we continue to foster a dynamic relationship with the local community, schools and businesses.
Click on a heading to learn more.
To be the best I can, I commit to:
- Putting my learning first and being ready to learn
- Challenging myself to do my best
- Valuing myself and others in the school and wider community
To develop every child, I commit to:
- Putting learning first and being ready to teach or support to the highest standard
- Challenging every student to excel
- Valuing every student, their family, and the wider community
I put my learning when I .........
- Arrive on time to school and to lessons
- Wear full school uniform
- Use my locker to store my bag and coat at the start of the day and during all lessons
- Leave my mobile phone and headphones in my locker from 8.40am to the end of the school day
- Bring a pen and the right equipment to lessons
- Fill my water bottle well before the lesson start time
I challenge myself when I.........
- Choose tasks which push me out of my comfort zone
- Complete work in the expected time
- Ask for help only when I am really stuck
- Take pride in how I present my work
- Am a good team player
- Speak up in class and group discussions
- Hand homework in on time
I value myself and others and myself when I ..........
- Follow instructions first time
- Listen to other people’s views
- Speak kindly
- Support others generously
- Respect my own and others’ belongings
- Take care of the school environment
- Eat only in the dining room and main hall
- Walk inside the school building
- Wear my coat only when outside